We have a unique opportunity for a Trainee Financial Adviser or Financial Services Administrator/Paraplanner that wishes to progress to become a fully qualified Independent Financial Adviser/Independent Financial Planner.
The successful candidate will benefit from the rare opportunity of 1-1 training and ongoing support from the Principal IFA. All exams will be paid for up to Chartered status. As well as this, you will be part of a supportive, closely-knit team, that will help develop you into a successful and competent team member.
The role initially requires an overall contribution to the running of the firm. This will include administration, sending letters of authority, liaising with providers, writing suitability reports, shadowing the Principal IFA, networking and learning how to do the job, including all and any aspect required. This will lead to conducting annual reviews and making recommendations. You will then develop to start generating your own opportunities through networking with professional connections, introductions from clients and developing new streams of professional contacts.
We are an energetic, professional, and happy team that is growing. This will present ongoing career opportunities and personal development. We are not an aggressive sales-based firm but are interested in putting our clients’ needs before our own and therefore wish to recruit candidates that fit this role in this manner.
Applicants will need to have previous experience in financial services and have either the Level 4 CII/PFS Diploma in Financial Planning or be studying towards the Diploma and want to become a qualified Financial Adviser within a couple of years.
- Permanent – Full-time
- £25k + salary dependent on experience/qualifications
- Earning potential will increase
- Generous bonus earnings potential
- Opportunity for progression
- Based at our office in Horsforth, so must live within reasonable commutable distance.
- The ability to build relationships and listen to clients’ objectives and needs
- An excellent phone manner and strong communication skills are essential
- A very self-motivated, positive and energetic individual
- A confident, professional, and engaging personality
- The ability to meet and understand targets on a commercial basis
- Experience in a similar previous role and IFA environment is essential
- Servicing client payments out and setting up payments on platforms is essential
- Working towards a Diploma is essential
- Management of own task list – keeping accurate notes and ensuring always up to date
- Processing and submission of new business
- Monitoring new business submissions until completion
- Completion of client servicing processes
- Experience of platforms, providers and back-office systems (ideally Intelliflo), although training would be given
- Must be process driven and have great attention to detail
- Professional and discrete with the ability to complete tasks in an efficient manner
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attend networking events and build relationships with key referral partners to grow the client base
- Prepare suitability letters in accordance with the agreed recommendations
- Complete application/proposal forms
- Ensure compliance requirements are satisfied adequately.
The successful candidate must have:
- Good understanding of the financial planning process
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build effective relationships with clients
- Good administration skills and working knowledge of financial services terminology and products
- Ideally a Certificate in Financial Administration and Planning (CeFAP®) and/or Diploma level 4 qualified or studying towards
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work within defined business processes
- Ability to achieve agreed outcomes without supervision
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Office and database systems
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
Please apply with your CV detailing your experience.
A covering letter to support your application would also be received favourably. Please send your letter to email@example.com
Respectfully, no recruitment agencies.