You will be helping support one IFA/Principal and two administrators in the role of an experienced Paraplanner. This role is available due to consistent levels of organic growth within the company. You will be based in our office in Horsforth.
We are an energetic, professional and happy team that is growing. This will present ongoing career opportunities and personal development. We take pride in having a close and friendly approach with our clients and colleagues. Discretionary annual bonuses are available and have been paid every year to all staff to date. Death in service of four times your annual salary and pension provision is available. We care about our staff and clients and want to ensure that they are looked after.
- Provide in-depth, hands-on technical support to the Principal of the firm throughout the advice cycle
- Analysis of existing financial products, researching suitable solutions, preparing recommendations and complex report writing
- Ability to conduct research for appropriate providers and investments
- Manage the entire process from the first meeting with a new client to the undertaking of the business, producing relevant and accurate documentation at each stage of the process
- Good understanding of compliance issues
- Knowledge of IHT, investment planning and pension crystallisation options
- Ability to use technical financial planning tools, financial modelling and back-office software
- Will also need to follow up on adviser requests and service client requests such as withdrawals and general administrative duties.
- Ideally you will hold your Diploma Level 4 with a desire to achieve Chartered and or Certified status
- It is essential that you have a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position
- You will have a good technical financial knowledge and an understanding of personal taxation
- Experience of complex report writing and conducting whole of the market product research
- A high level of analytical capability
- The ability to develop and maintain systems and procedures which improve the efficiency of client case preparation and submission
- Be able to work on your own initiative and achieve agreed outcomes without supervision
- The ability to work as part of a team and manage colleagues, interact with clients and providers at all levels
- Assist in the development of less experienced members of staff
- Act as a main point of contact and deal effectively with technical queries from clients and other parties through effective communication.
Please apply with your CV detailing your experience.
A covering letter to support your application would also be received favourably. Please send your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Respectfully, no recruitment agencies.